- "The Gezi Indictment as the Destruction of the World and the Redemptive Potential of Art." Public video-lecture of a paper in progress. "The New Embassy of Turkey," Curatorial project by Melih Gençboyacı and Eylül Fidan Akıncı, DasArts Graduate School, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 24 April 2019. (Please ask for a copy).
- "Bodies of Evidence: Ethics, Aesthetics, and Politics of Movement." International symposium, book presentation, workshops, public dialogues and performances, Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany. November 23 & 24, 2018.
- "The Body and Contentious Performances: A Study on the Recent Political Landscape of Turkey in Three Moments." Paper, "Contra: Dance and Conflict," Dance Studies Association Conference, University of Malta, School of Performing Arts, Department of Dance Studies, Valetta, Malta, 5-8 July, 2018. (Cancelled)
- "The Arts, Radical Politics, and Social Hope." Paper, "Engaging with Histories" Symposium, Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany, March 22, 2018.
- "Towards a Sociology of Hope? The Arts, Radical Politics, and Social Hope." Public lecture, "Art In Revolution - The Challenges of Art in Situations of Political Repression" Seminar, ARIA Antwerp Research Institute for the Arts, University of Antwerp, ExtraCity Kunsthall, Belgium, January 18, 2018.
- "Quotidian Gestures as Choreographies of Dissent." Working paper, "The Politics of Culture in Contemporary Turkey" International Academic Workshop, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany, February 14-16, 2018.
- "Mobilizing Dance as a Field of Knowledge Production," Society of Dance History Scholars and Congress on Research in Dance Joint Conference, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA, October 19-22, 2017.
- "The EUropean Dance: The Emergence and Transformation of a Contemporary Dance Art World (1989-2016)," 13th European Sociological Association Conference, Panteion University, Athens, Greece, August 29-September 1, 2017.
- "The Contemporary Condition and Instituting by the Hearth," Life Long Burning Symposium "Crisis? What Crisis!?", Ehem. k.u.k. Post- und Telegrafenamt Zollergasse Vienna , Austria, August 13, 2017.
- "The Gezi Uprising: Performative Democracy and Politics of/with the Body," Paper, 23rd Performance Studies International Conference, Kampnagel, Hamburg, Germany, June 9, 2017.
- "Field Notes on Instituting," Working paper presented at Inventur #2: Contemporary Dance and Performance Global Conference, tanzhaus nrw, Düsseldorf, Germany, June 1, 2017.
- “Bodies Unbound: Reflections on Dance, ‘Horrorism’, Vulnerability and Resistance.” Impulse statement, Dance Congress 2016, Schauspielhaus Hannover, Germany, June 17, 2016.
- “The EUropean Dance: A Sociological Perspective on the Emergence and Transformation of a Contemporary Dance Art World (1989-2013)," DOCH, Stockholm University of the Arts, Sweden, May 24, 2016.
- “Erratic Moves from the Borderland: Contextualizing the Contemporary Dance Art Scene in Turkey," MDT Stockholm, Sweden, May 22, 2016.
For information about other talks and lectures, please see CV.
© Gurur Ertem 2017